Mingling generations this holiday season? Let’s go over the basics
With a recent spike in cases from new variants and the holiday season fast approaching, now is the perfect time for a refresher on COVID-19 safety basics – especially as many Australians continue to turn to Google in search of information and recommendations regarding how to protect themselves and their loved ones.
New research commissioned by Pfizer suggests COVID-19 is not at the forefront of peoples’ minds anymore, and they are less concerned about its impact on the community. However, the number of COVID-19 cases in Australia have already surpassed those from last year.
Staying on top of prevention and treatment options remains important, especially for vulnerable groups within the community at high risk of progression to severe COVID-19 infection, hospitalisation, and death. As the COVID-19 landscape continues to evolve, people need access to accurate and up-to-date information to make informed health decisions and safely enjoy the holiday season.
WHO: Dr Krishan Thiru, a relatable and passionate medical professional can provide evidence-based answers to frequently asked health questions in a way that is easily understood. Dr Krishan has worked in many different healthcare settings, from regional areas to tertiary hospitals, attending to a range of medical conditions, equipping him with a rich knowledge that spans across ‘whole person’ health.
Channeling his passion for public health into medical education, Dr Krishan leveraged his clinical knowledge to equip GPs across Australia with skills to support the wellbeing of their patients. In March 2010, Dr Krishan commenced working at Pfizer, initially as an Associate Medical Director. Since 2014, Dr Krishan has been Medical Director for Pfizer Australia and New Zealand, helping to bring innovative treatments to patients across the region.
- COVID-19 and beyond – the biggest health learnings of 2022 and what we might expect in 2023
- A simple refresher on all things COVID-19 – top tips as you plan for the holidays.
- How to keep your loved ones safe this holiday season
- What are COVID-19 variants, and why do they occur?
- Ways to prevent severe COVID-19 illness
- The most common, and the least known, COVID-19 symptoms people need to look out for
- Post COVID-19 Condition (Long COVID): What it is, how it’s impacting Australians, and what the medical community knows so far
- COVID-19 and wellbeing: How COVID-19 is impacting mental wellbeing and what we can do to shape a more optimistic future
WHEN: Available in lead up to Christmas (before December 26th 2022) and during school holidays (after January 3rd 2023)