Natural Cardiovascular Support
New research from the University of Reading supports the use of Olive Leaf Extract as a useful dietary supplement to help maintain cardiovascular health and overall wellbeing.
Comvita® Extra Strength Olive Leaf Extract was specifically formulated to help maintain a healthy heart and cardiovascular system.
What Makes Comvita® Extra Strength Olive Leaf Extract Unique?
- It delivers a higher concentration of Oleuropein and other Olive Leaf Extract phenolics evidenced in the new research as beneficial for supporting cardiovascular health
- This clinically researched formulation can be recommended to naturally support normal blood pressure and cholesterol levels in healthy individuals.
- Comvita® Olive Leaf Extract provides a natural and concentrated way of delivering the antioxidant benefits from olive leaf phenolics.
- Olive leaf extract is traditionally used in Western Herbal medicine to support the immune system.
- Comvita’s Olive Leaves are harvested from our Australian grown olive trees and go through a specialised extraction process and Quality Control System to ensure that every one of Comvita’s Olive Leaf Extract products consistently delivers a standardised level of Oleuropein plus other beneficial Olive Leaf compounds.
Effect of Olive Leaf Extract on Cardiovascular Health
Recent research* published in the British Journal of Nutrition showed a positive short term impact on vascular function (measured via digital volume pulse) after intake of olive leaf extract (OLE). This study provides the first evidence that acute consumption of Comvita® OLE positively modulates vascular function and IL-8 production in vivo, adding to growing body of evidence that olive leaf phenolics could be beneficial for cardiovascular health.
The Human Nutrition Unit at the University of Reading in the UK and the Institute of Food, Nutrition and Human Health and Massey University in New Zealand have partnered on a double-blind, placebo controlled, crossover trial to investigate the possible cardiovascular benefits of Olive Leaf Extract.
To learn more about this NEW and EXCITING RESEARCH on Olive Leaf Extract and management of cardiovascular risk factors, join us at APP 2016 on Friday 18 March for a Clinical Bites session with Professor Ian Rowland from the University of Reading.
“This research shows that regular use of Olive Leaf Extract can have a measurable, positive impact on cardiovascular health.”
Professor Ian Rowland
University of Reading
* Lockyer S, et al. (2015). Secoiridoids delivered as olive leaf extract induce acute improvements in human vascular function and reduction of an inflammatory cytokine: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, cross-over trial. The British Journal of Nutrition, (15), 1- 9. doi:10.1017/S0007114515001269